All Topics / Help Needed! / A nursing home on the street – good or bad?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JdlakelandJdlakeland
    @jdlakeland

My partner and I are looking at purchasing a property on a small no-through-road. The road itself is lovely, probably only 30-40 meters long, tree lined and in a great suburb. The only catch that I can see is that at the end of the street is an aged care facility. It's a big facility, but from the street, all you can see is an entrance and what looks to be some kind of admin building. 

Is this likely to have a negative effect on the price of the property? 

Thanks heaps for any advice!

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

G'day!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

You make an interesting post. Any chance you could take a photo and upload it? It is hard to get a sense of what it looks like.

In the meantime, I guess the issue is traffic flow. Do employees and visitors make it noisy and difficult to get in and out? If it is at the end of the street then there might be a lot of traffic coming and going, which could be a bummer.

When buying property, one of the important issues to think through is who is going to buy it off you. For this reason I suggest you think about the impact of the nursing home from their point of view.

In general, I think it is a slight negative.

Cheers,

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

On the flip side, it could mean the street is lovely and quiet (nursing homes are not known for throwing rowdy parties as far as i know) which might be appealing to families…

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I live on a street with a retirement home at the start of it – it's similar to the one you've mentioned, a quiet tree lined street. We don't have an issue with traffic and the external part of the development is always nicely maintained. 

Check out the street during a weekend as well – suss out if there's going to be an issue with traffic.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.