All Topics / Finance / Getting Finance while doing Contract Work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of bevo4650bevo4650
    Participant
    @bevo4650

Hi All,

My husband and I currently have a mortgage on the house we're living in.  We want to get an investment property (or 2) – ideally we would turn our current home into the investment property and start again in a new place.

My husband is currently doing FIFO work so great money and I am currently on a 6 month contract (ending in April but likely to extend) – before that was employed fulltime for 4 years – this was just a great opportunity and again money is great.  I went and saw a mortgage broker today (generic chain – was easy to slip into on a lunch break) and was told there is little hope that anyone will take my money into account because of it being contract.

In all reality we can probably afford to do something on my husbands wage alone but seems like we could do so much more with both our salaries.  I work in IT and am a qualified accountant so highly employable if I do say so myself, hubby is a tradie working in construction.  We really want to use the good income we're getting now to set ourselves up for kiddie winks in the not too distant future (no kids at the mo).

Couple of thoughts going through my head:

– suck it up and just do what we can on the hubby's wage:  pro – easy, con – limited in what we can do

– l can get a real job in April when my contract finishes: pro – opens up lots of opportunities for investment, con – like what I'm doing, great money

– find another way to use my contract wage: pro – would be the perfect solution, con – can it be done?

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Bevo4650,

You have received extremely poor advice, there are plenty of lenders who will accept your contract income. If you are planning on turning a current PPOR into an investment property there are a few issues you need advice on, in relation to structure.

Regards

Profile photo of bevo4650bevo4650
    Participant
    @bevo4650

Thank you for your response.

So I guess the moral of the story is to shop around on brokers.

I'll have a search on here, I'm sure its been asked before but if anyone can recommend someone in or servicing Brisbane that would be great.

Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hiya

Richard Taylor is up in Brisbane  – QLD007 on the forum.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes sounds like a typical answer from a sausage machine broker.

Surprised they didn't also ask would you like fries with that on the way out.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry
    bevo4650 wrote:
    Thank you for your response.

So I guess the moral of the story is to shop around on brokers.

I'll have a search on here, I'm sure its been asked before but if anyone can recommend someone in or servicing Brisbane that would be great.

Thanks

You don't have to shop around, just find a good broker. I agree with the above recommendation, you should call Richard Taylor, he's in Qld and is a good bloke as well as being a good broker.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.