Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of AndrewSFAndrewSF
    Participant
    @andrewsf

I'm new to tax liens and the process one has to go through to purchase. I have done a bit of research, which led me to bidforassets.com, but I am still unsure of the technical process. I am interested in an explanation as to how the tax lien process works for properties on this site, in layman's terms would be great. I'd love to participate in an auction if I only knew how. Thanks from California

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Cal.  is a tax sale state.. meaning  you bid you own simple as that… The majority of CA tax sale properties have little to no value but there are those that do have  value… its up to you to search them out… I grew up in a real estate family that made their living buying tax sales.. We have bought thousands of properties over the last 50 years……. But its what we did for a living….

Tax certs you just buy the debt.. if the debt redeems  you get return.. if they never do you either sue for title and hopefully have equity or you lose …… many many people that buy tax certificates never get their money back. Many do .. but  you have to play with the regulars that do it for a living.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.