All Topics / Overseas Deals / Investing in the USA – Inspection Services

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of InspectDetroitInspectDetroit
    @inspectdetroit

Hello Investors, I run my own Inspection Company in Detroit that provides video inspections of potential properties and neighborhoods to potential investors. Its been a popular service here in Detroit and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this service in other US cities? If you’re investing in another US city and would be interested in this type of service could you email me and let me know.

Best Regards,

David Frizzell

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

what specifically do you put in your reports and what typically do you charge.

I would think this could be very cheap insurance.

And a way to get a second opinion prior to settling on a property.

I was thinking about doing something like this, More on a Metro perspective. Take anyone of the popular metro areas and dissect them into Green yellow and Red areas so that the Off shore investor could get a quick snap shot of what areas in any metroplex to avoid straight away and those areas to concentrate their efforts on. Seems it would save a huge amount of due diligence time on their part and give a second opinion.

sounds like our service is more of a home inspection type of thing, which of course is good insurance.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey Guys just FYI not selling here  but we do order C L 100 ( termite letter )per property and inspections reports. This is a no brainer. Make sure who ever, or where ever you buy this is included.If someone is not willing to provide either one of these..that should raise a big question mark.Again this is not rocket science but there are steps to use to protect your self and the investment property you are going to by.

Appraisal not to crazy about them as they are speculative value

Alex

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs
    Alex SC wrote:
    Hey Guys just FYI not selling here  but we do order C L 100 ( termite letter )per property and inspections reports. This is a no brainer. Make sure who ever, or where ever you buy this is included.If someone is not willing to provide either one of these..that should raise a big question mark.Again this is not rocket science but there are steps to use to protect your self and the investment property you are going to by.

Alex

Alex,

We do pest and dry rot here in Oregon, but the major problem is Sewer laterals, here in Oregon. Dry rot to a certain extent.

Not much if any termites

When I reno one of our older properties I just replace the Sewer lateral as a matter of course just like painting the house. Sewer plug ups are one of the number one problems and when you got a tenant in there they are major issues as the sewer lateral replacement companies know they got you over a sewer barrel.

We used to get a few termites in CA. I can remember houses getting tented and gas blown into them

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    Alex SC wrote:

Alex

All the older homes pre 1970 here in the south.Seem to be finding the sewer problems more now then last few years.( not sure why )

Termites man those bugs can eat a whole house. Purchased a house years ago when we could flip. The only thing left was the bricks.House was jacked up five ton jacks. Replace the seal to flooring to all walls. All from termites.

Never hurts to get it looked at, just to be sure

Alex

Alex,

We do pest and dry rot here in Oregon, but the major problem is Sewer laterals, here in Oregon. Dry rot to a certain extent.

Not much if any termites

When I reno one of our older properties I just replace the Sewer lateral as a matter of course just like painting the house. Sewer plug ups are one of the number one problems and when you got a tenant in there they are major issues as the sewer lateral replacement companies know they got you over a sewer barrel.

We used to get a few termites in CA. I can remember houses getting tented and gas blown into them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.