All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision Frankston

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of maternicmaternic
    @maternic

G'day all,

I am looking at Subdividing a corner block in Frankston 650sqm.
    Just wondering if i can get some advice.
    A- Rough costings of a subdivision.
    B- Who should I speak to to get this organised?

Thank you in advance,

Profile photo of miikemiike
    Participant
    @miike

step one,

speak to the council town planner.

cheers,
    Miike

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

Hi Maternic,

One thing to know is that for the size of land you are talking about you will have to get house plans approved before you will be able to subdivide. As Mike said, first step is the speak to a planner to see if it is possible then from there a building designer.  I do quite a bit of work down that was so can connect you to some designers I work with if you want, just send me a message.

Regards,

Profile photo of emz03emz03
    @emz03

hi maternic,

the guys are right, the first person you want to talk to is the town planner, however  prior to this it might would be worthwhile looking up the appropriate zoning requirements for your area.

i actually project manage subdivison's as a side project (construction manager by trade) so if you want anymore advice feel free to send me an email – [email protected]

emma

Profile photo of hrubhrub
    @hrub

Hi Maternic,

You can always contact some designers or architects who specializing in these sort of things, they should be able to provide you with any feasibility feedback and costing. I have a few designers who might be able to help me so let me know if you need the details.

H

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Maternic,

To reiterate the above, first step is to look at your zoning and talk to a town planner. Free property zoning reports are available here:

http://services.land.vic.gov.au/landchannel/jsp/map/PlanningMapsIntro.jsp

Once you’ve typed in your address you can hit “get report” in the top left where you can download a simplified structure of the zoning regulations in your area.

For the costings, anyone in the development industry should be able to give you a rough idea of how much to expect. Obviously it varies from one project to the next, but it is worth having a realistic budget with some room for additional costs that may crop up.

After you know that it is possible for your property to develop, then you will have to get an initial site survey done to show existing conditions from which the subdivision draft can then be drawn from. If you (or anyone else reading this) has any queries I’m always available to answer queries or if I can’t refer you to the right person.

Hope this helps!

Ashley

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.