All Topics / Help Needed! / Income protection – Commercial property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Just a thought, would this work

Okay, you own commercial property and there is no insurance to cover you if a tenant does a runner
    but what if the name that you have your property under (which we will call xyx) employs you to maintain the property and then if a tenant does a runner owing rent etc then obviously xyx cannot pay you your wage, so then you call on your insurance company and say your employor can not pay me any money and I need my weekly wage

Would this work or does the insurance company pay and then chase xyx?
    Is there away around so that it would work

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I think I've missed the point here – why would the insurance company want to get involved in an employer/employee relationship? What type of insurer covers that risk?

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    I think I've missed the point here – why would the insurance company want to get involved in an employer/employee relationship? What type of insurer covers that risk?

It would be like loss of income insurance which is available but whether or not it would work in the above scenario! probably not

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

That ‘s why you get personal or director’s guarantees, can enforce a lock-out & personally hold the bond. Office of Fairtrading doesn’t want to know about it, unless it is resi or retail.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    That 's why you get personal or director's guarantees, can enforce a lock-out & personally hold the bond. Office of Fairtrading doesn't want to know about it, unless it is resi or retail.

Yep I have personal guarantees and bonds but still there is times when they just walk and you chase them and at the end of the day you normaly get nothing

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I know that feeling.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.