All Topics / Help Needed! / ( PART 2 – Looking for a Mentor ) I want to retire in 6 years and I’m going to make it happen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of ZaulZaul
    @zaul

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/4336176

Here is my Original thread.

While I know that a Mentor might not be able to help out in the Canadian Market I'm very interested in talking to someone who's ' been there, done that ' and has a fair sized property port folio.

If anyone would be interested in some light mentoring i'd love to set up a time and talk via skype. I'm considering coming back to Australia and dominating the Sydney Market if I can gain some momentum and find a mentor.

Much love

– Paul

Profile photo of scottsscotts
    @scotts

Sorry if I'm sounding rude but why would anyone want to mentor someone who isn't in a financial position to begin investing in property.

As stated in your other thread, you need to focus on an income that can secure the investment future you desire.

Profile photo of ZaulZaul
    @zaul

You do not need income to invest in Property.

Every book i've read has suggested you can borrow everything and just do it via foreclosure homes.

Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty

Borrow from who?  Zaul

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Zaul sorry old mate i hate to say i think you might have been out in the Canadian sun too long.

Here is Oz finance is harder to obtain now than ever before and the new NCCP regulations mean supportive income is paramount.

I have a reasonable sized portfolio (Well i guess if 40 properties is reasonable sized) but certainly couldnt replicate what i have over time without a decent income.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of tanzaustintanzaustin
    @tanzaustin

Hi
    Investing in the Australian market is proving to be a very viable option for people looking for capital growth, tax benifits.
    I have been in the industry for 5 years now and have worked in all areas.
    Property research is vital to any investor along with knowledge of local builders.
    Should you want further information please let me know/

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney
    Zaul wrote:
    You do not need income to invest in Property.

Every book i've read has suggested you can borrow everything and just do it via foreclosure homes.

Zaul,

I’m so sorry to day this is absolutely, positively not possible in Australia.

However, if you come back to Australia, I’m happy to become your mentor. I promise that if you get a good job (above minimum wage), become a permanent full-time employee, save $5,000 and keep a good name (no listed default). I can help you buy your first IP.

Promise. you don’t need a lot of money but you must have a little something.

Right, let’s be clear about this, honey. You can’y buy with nothing.

See you soon, hopefully.

Angel

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Zaul
    Preserve that energy drive n enthusiasm, and use it to build a plan and some capital.
    You have opportunity, need to build on that.
    Good luck, go for it.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

I cant believe some of the replies that Zaul is getting. He just wants to get pointed in the right direction.

@ angelinsydney, You really are an angel for willing to help the kid out, I am not experienced enough to be a mentor otherwise I would have put my hand up first.

@ Zaul, Hey mate make a passion an obsession and you will succeed

All the best.

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Zaul

Sounds like you don't have much cash to pitch into your first deal… so try looking at towns that you can buy into relatively cheaply and quickly add value to beef up the value of your asset.  Then you'll be away.  For the purpose of the exercise, start looking at Blacktown, NSW.  For example, you could buy a house on a large block, add a granny flat or unit out in the backyard, and rent them separately.  This is one example of how to increase the rental return to a higher yield, and also of course increasing the value of the property itself.

JacM

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.