All Topics / Help Needed! / ready to buy but….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

o.k so me and my partner have finance, 270,000

but…we have 7% saved, and the rest is the fhog… 17,000k until june 30.

i'm curious on a few things, what happens if the grant runs out, will we still have finance :s

also, what are people expectations if the grant runs out, (goes back to 10k)? will property die, cause i highly doubt ;s, at the levels im buying at anyway (250,000-270,000)

also, if we buy a house, we cant put a 10% can we, because that would have to be our money, is that correct?

also, if we buy somewhere, lets say worth 250,000, and we settle far a 5% deposit, will 30 days be enough time for settlement,

also, we get the grant on settlement correct? the bank will provide this if we get?

anything to assit will help

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

The timing of the grant payment varies state by state. Where do you live?

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd
    Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

to many questions

buy now

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

also, what are people expectations if the grant runs out, (goes back to 10k)? will property die, cause i highly doubt ;s, at the levels im buying at anyway (250,000-270,000)
    No, property will not die.

also, if we buy a house, we cant put a 10% can we, because that would have to be our money, is that correct?
    No, there are may different types of loan products out there…some 100%, most 80% and some 60%.

also, if we buy somewhere, lets say worth 250,000, and we settle far a 5% deposit, will 30 days be enough time for settlement?
    No

also, we get the grant on settlement correct? the bank will provide this if we get?
    Yes and no. It will be included in the calculations provided by the solicitor (I think…)

Good Luck….

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

",,,different types of loan products out there…some 100%"
    Please let me know which lender that still offer 100%????

The max that you can get at this stage is 92% LVR with Westpac… may be 95% with 1-2 non bank lenders..
    But I will consider doing it with bank lender

Keep saving….!!!!

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

i got 93.5 lol with the commonwealth bank.. which was really lucky of us.

30 days will not be enough time :S
    what are peoples thoughts? how about 40-50?
    also

""also, if we buy a house, we cant put a 10% can we, because that would have to be our money, is that correct?
    No, there are may different types of loan products out there…some 100%, most 80% and some 60%.""

i meant that when we offer, we cant offer 10% deposit, balance at settlement because we only have 6-8% cash.
    are they more likely to say no if we offer 5% with balance on settlement, and provide 1K when we make the offer?

cheers

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Oh sorry….on many occasions I have made a deposit with $1000….

It depends on the deal, if you are really keen, offer your max, otherwise, 1000 should do. It really makes NO difference. You can always get your deposit back…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

GOD you are correct there are no more conventional 100% loans these days with maximum LVR being 95%.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

mmmm.. well i found out you RECIEVE the FHOG on settlement, but you are eligible for it when you SIGN CONTRACT OF SALE :)

buys me some time

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.