All Topics / Help Needed! / PLEASE HELP, INFO AND LOANS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dragon007dragon007
    @dragon007

Hi All,

I am writing to ask a few questions, i am new to property invewting i havent as yet bought any IP'S, i am after some help and maybe someone to point me in a direction into a good bank to get a loan from, my situation is this

Myself and my wife have our first home, we bought a place in a great st, but needed work done, we were able to put a $33000 deposit and then used the equity to do up the kitchen, carpet, fences, landscaping and finally a pool, we kept using our equity each time to be able to do this.

we currently owe around $290000, (our loan comes of fixed rate in march, mother in law works for cba sso we get a discount) the house was valued at around $300000 in the slow market..

my questions are;

1. how would we go about getting a loan for an ip
    2. when the market improves we will get the home re valued by the bank, hopefully the land will go up
    3. if it does do we use what every equity to get the ip
    4. should we get other people involved to help, or start a trust

we are aiming for a place that is close to hospitals/schools that needs a little work, and put in a new kitchen/bathroom
    paint the house is this the right place to attack?

please i am very new, and dont understand a great deal at this stage, i have bought steves master class, and am learning
    every day, but any help would be a great help

regards

jason

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Jason

Sorry for some bad news. Unless you have a deposit I think you are going to find it very hard to get an investment property right now as you don't have any equity. Just read everything you can while trying to increase the value and build up equity.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

As Terry has mentioned withoout a deposit you wont get past first base.

100% oans are stil available for IPs but you wouldnt qualify and couldnt come up with the Stap Duty and other assocated costs.

Dont feel too bad as I am in the UK for the next 10 days and here the maximum LVR avaiable is 85%. A couple of lenders were offering 90% LVR but they withdrew early in the week.

Makes it hard when you are tring to seek a new loan.

Unless your MIL can lend you funds to cover the deposit you will not qualify. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.