All Topics / Finance / Break Cost + New Ploan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of kitwalkerkitwalker
    @kitwalker

I know that there are a few topics on break out costs from a fixed rate to a variable rate home loan.

I've found out that my break out costs will be around $19K if I decide to change from my fixed 7.3% to go variable.

now my question is, i dont have the $19K in cash……does that mean even if do want to go ahead and pay that difference, can the $19K be added into my new loan amount? Or will I actually have to have the cash to pay for that?

Ps………..its my residence that im refinancing and not an IP.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Can be added to the loan if your circumstances allow – LVR and maybe income checks.

$19k sounds a lot and is, but one of my friends had a $90,000 exit fee on a fixed loan!

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of MrUniqueNameMrUniqueName
    @mruniquename
    kitwalker wrote:
    now my question is, i dont have the $19K in cash……does that mean even if do want to go ahead and pay that difference, can the $19K be added into my new loan amount? Or will I actually have to have the cash to pay for that?

I was told by my financier that I would need to pay the money upfront, but then she made a quick passing comment with words to the effect that that could be negotiated… so I think it's possible to have it added onto your loan, but you may need to speak to someone with some authority to arrange it. I would've thought the financiers would be happy to add it on, as they will be getting more interest by having the loan increased!

Cheers,

Dave.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.