All Topics / Help Needed! / plumbing and stone top cutting cost

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of calvincicalvinci
    Participant
    @calvinci

hi, I bought a new property and plan to dismantle the old kitchen and install a new one. so I get quote for the following :

Plumbing
    -disconnect old kitchen piping.
    -install new piping for sink and dishwasher (2-3 meter away from existing location)
    -install gas piping for cooktop (2 meter from existing location)
    -change 2 shower head and 4 tap
    -install water tank (tank and pump not included)
    $1600

2 stone top cutting, for undermount sink and cooktop, plus installation on top of cabinet
    $850

Sounds quite expensive to me, house is on stump, piping run under subfloor. I am in vic. Is this reasonable prices?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    calvinci wrote:
    Plumbing
    -disconnect old kitchen piping.

One visit, he probably won't get anything much else done, possibly cap off the gas but until the cupboards are removed won't be able to much, not even an accurate site measure

calvinci wrote:
    -install new piping for sink and dishwasher (2-3 meter away from existing location)
    -install gas piping for cooktop (2 meter from existing location)?

Chase walls, install new tees, tapware?, mini cistern cocks, terminate and extend underfloor drainage, confirm that a new vent stack is not required (or install new vent), return visit to fix-off tapware and plumbing to sink

calvinci wrote:
    -change 2 shower head and 4 tap
    -install water tank (tank and pump not included)?

Taps & showers probably 2-3 hours
    Install water tank including remove existing, prime, test etc 2-3 hours.

Sounds like 20ish hours @$75/hr + some materials.

calvinci wrote:
    2 stone top cutting, for undermount sink and cooktop, plus installation on top of cabinet
    $850

Diamond blades ain't cheap,  cut, scribe benchtop, cutout for sink & cooktop – probably feasible without knowing if you'll need two people to lift & manoeuvre the benchtop to minimise risk of breaking it once you have the cutouts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.