All Topics / Value Adding / floor board installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of calvincicalvinci
    Participant
    @calvinci

hi, anyone know if solid timber floor board can be install direct to cement floor? one dealer told me need to layer with plywood underneath and cost $70 /m2 for installation alone.

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    calvinci wrote:

hi, anyone know if solid timber floor board can be install direct to cement floor? one dealer told me need to layer with plywood underneath and cost $70 /m2 for installation alone.

Sure you can, just make sure the concrete floor has aged enough, at least 6 months and preferably 12 months so its cured. If you're not sure about the condition of the moisture barrier membrane you can use a moisture sealer. Direct stick and sealing the concrete would probably set you back around $50/mtr or $15 if you do it yourself. I prefer clamps and weights to nailing, a bit more work and slower but you don't have nail holes to fill up. Have a look at Boral timber floor installations section, http://www.boral.com.au/Article/Timber_Installation_Guide_-_Slimwood.asp?Aud=homeGarden_TimberFlooring

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.