All Topics / Help Needed! / Mining jobs in Western Australia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey guys and girls,
    Sorry if this has come up already. I just signed up today after seeing this site for the first time, looks like a great site!

I am currently a student and go to college in America on a tennis scholarship. However I finish in about 8 months time and am looking at getting a job. Since there is such a mining boom in Perth I was wondering if there are any jobs that someone with a non mining background. I will graduate with a Public Relations / Communications background but am not trained in any mining area.

Does anyone know if there are jobs for people with no experience in the mines etc,
    thanks everyone and sorry if this has come up before.

Profile photo of MultoGrandeMultoGrande
    @multogrande

I have a couple of friends who went to WA to drive trucks – made a packet.

That was a few years ago thougjh.

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

My brother did a truckdriving course, then moved to Newman (mining town) and got a job with a labour hire agency. It would be good if you could get a truckdriving license. Or ring some labour hire agencies to see what they can offer. It can take a while to get "in" to mining – they are good jobs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.