All Topics / General Property / How do you find out what a property previously sold for???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mrpropertymrproperty
    @mrproperty

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about finding out what a particular property previously sold for , I thought it might be a good tool to gauge capital growth in that area , any info would be much appreciated?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You can do a search online at the Land Titles site in your state. Costs about $8. You need to look for the transfer. this has the names of the buyers and a sellers and the amount.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Thanks Terry,
    This is pretty useful information.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

You can also join ABR or RPData and get the figures online.  Well worth the $$

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Property Data Solutions, PDS, is operating in NSW now and are a similar however much cheaper option than RP data, etc…
    Before you subscribe to any service, I want to share with you that there is a lag between the time the property gets sold and the time you can search for it in any service available out there. This lag includes settlement and government red tape, etc, etc. In other words, if the property gets sold tomorrow, you should be able to get the price through any of the services mentioned above, however it takes 2-3 months to get updated…. Just in case, however if all you want is to find out how much comparable properties have sold for, then I would really recommend you  pay for this data, it will save you money in the end.
     I used to be a property analyst before going full time property investor,  and this is why I know about "the lag", Happy Investing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.