All Topics / Help Needed! / Can we still make it next year?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of sswkingsswking
    @sswking

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christopher and I'm currently working in overseas.

I'm planing to come back to Australia next year and start my property investment.

But I'm wondering that can we still make some money from the property investment next year?

I have to ask this since I don't know too much about the property market of Australia now.

If there is anyone who got answer for me, please let me know.

If Steve is watching this post, please let me know your comment too.

Best Regards

Christopher

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs
    Profile photo of sswkingsswking
    @sswking

Hello Blogs,

Thank you for the reply. May I know your reason for the answer?

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you.

Best Regards

Christopher

Profile photo of scribzyscribzy
    @scribzy

There will allways be some bargains waiting to happen, even next year… I reserve my opinion to some extent due to mainly economic uncertainties such as interest rates etc etc

But to be totally honest, getting in now is the best thing you can be doing ;)

Mat.

@sswking

Hello Mat,

Thank you for the reply. I wish I can come back now, but I still need to work for few months due to the contract.

If there is any good chance to start the investment next year, I will come back Australia for sure without any second thought.

By the way, if there is other people want to share their comments or ideas, please do so. I will welcome and thank you for help.

Best Regards

Christopher

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

You can make money in Aus any time you want.

There are always areas that are about to boom or are booming. You just have to find the areas, and study them to find the bargains, or create one.

@sswking

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm wondering that do I need to prepare anything before I come back to Australia?

Best Regards

Christopher

@l.a-aussie

In this order;
    1. Your knowledge of property investing and the various strategies, pitfalls etc. Read lots of books, read forums such as this and Somersoft.
    2. Your knowledge of the property market,
    3. Start searching for a like-minded mortgage broker and accountant.

@sswking

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply. I have no problem for the first one and the second one.

The third one is a little bit difficult for me. I don't know any mortgage broker and accountant, and I don't think my friends will know too since all of us were foreign students when we were in Australia and they went back to their countries when they finished the study.

In this case, do you have any suggestion for me?

Best Regards

Christopher

@l.a-aussie

Asking around on the various forums will usually turn up someone who can at least start you off.
    Try Somersoft as well as this one, look in different investment publications such as Australian Property Investor.
    Once you know where yo are going to live you can narrow it down a lot.
    You can do a lot via email and fax these days. My accountant is in Aus, and I am still able to communicate with him easily to handle the finances, so you may even find one in another city or even another State that will be o.k.

@sswking

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply. I will try to do some search this week. If you got any more suggestion for me, please let me know.

Best Regards

Christopher

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.