All Topics / General Property / ‘From 0 to 260+…’ Out Now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to annouce that my third book ‘From 0 to 260+ Properties in 7 Years’ is now available in bookstores.

I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify a few important points that seem to be being discussed around the traps.

1. Property Ownership

The title of the book outlines what my ex-business partner Dave Bradley and I achieved from our time together, which began in Jan 1999 and ended in Jun 2006.

Dave and I had a great run in business and were greatly blessed through our property and other businesses. Through our success we realised we had different goals and ambitions, and so amicably divided up our wealth.

On the 30th June we went out to lunch, shook hands and wished each other all the very best for the future.

As part of the deal, Dave retained ownership of the properties as I resigned as a director and shareholder of the entities that controlled the property. In the same way, Dave resigned as a director to our other business interests – including PropertyInvesting.com P/L..

I make it no secret that I am ‘starting again’ as it were and have acquired two properties in the last few months – a billboard (+ve cashflow) and a 4-unit development site.

It’s an exciting time and I look forward to rebuilding my property portfolio using the exact information included in the book which is tailored for today’s market.

My goal is not to go and acquire another 100+ houses… it’s to control 35 properties by 31 Dec 2011 delivering cashflow and growth returns.

2. Book Title

The title of the book (From 0 to 260+ Properties…) summarises the number of properties that Dave and I acquired. The most we ever held at any one time was around 100 – give or take.

In the beginning we began using vendor finance, and then started mixing our portfolio with build and hold +ve cashflow homes and units.

The book title is as much a play on words as anything. As I understand it, Dave and I acquired over 300 properties during those 7 years as we bought, sold and held properties to achieve our money goals.

What’s In The Book

The way I describe it… Book 1 was all about me. Book 2 was all about the people I mentored, and Book 3 is all about you and helping you give investing a red hot go with practical and useful information.

For example there are chapters on how to find +ve cashflow properties, how to build fast equity, how to read the property market, how to evaluate deals etc.

Furthermore, I wanted to give clear instruction on what to do in the event of the property marketing suffering a more dramatic downturn.

Once again, all the profits go to the charitable Foundation, so as I see it it’s a way to bless the reader, and to bless those less fortunate at the same time.

I invite you to grab a copy from your local bookstore and to let me know your feedback about the book. It was a real pleasure to write it – there’s a power of prayer behind this book and a hope that it will open your eyes to the opportunities unfolding in the real estate market.

I’m off for a week of R&R, but if you have any questions post them here and I will get to them when I can.

Bye,

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi Steve

Have bought the book via internet and should get it Monday in the mail.

I envisage it will be a great read.

All the best
    SG

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways Beer in one hand – Pizza in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO!”

Profile photo of ubiqueubique
    @ubique

Hi Steve
    Have bought book and been flicking through it at the moment but have a question relevant to what we are doing.
    In the book one of your strategies to get +Cf is to subdivide and sell the new block to paydown the front block. ? if you build a new house on the new block why wouldn’t you sell the old house and keep the nice new low maintenance high depreciation new and sell the old? is there an advantage i am missing?
    look forward to your thoughts
    thanks

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by SteveMcKnight:

Once again, all the profits go to the charitable Foundation,

And once again, I thank you for your generosity!

[blink]

[biggrin]

F.[cowboy2]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.