All Topics / Help Needed! / Projected growth figures by suburb – help please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get this info for Sydney? I’m looking to buy my first property PPOR and am prepared to rough it so I can do it up and build as much equity as possible. If I’m going to temporarily live in a hovel [guilty] I also want to be sure it’s a good growth area to buy in. :-) [biggrin]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Not sure of anything for projected growth figures?

Past performance and by evaluating these figures for the last 3 Months, 3/5/15 years may give an indication of underperformers at present?

You may be able to graph suburbs you’re interested in to evaluate thier performance over these time frames?

According to Bernard Salts Report
    Sydney: Most new dwellings constructed in Australia over the 30 years to 2031 will be located in Sydney. During this period Sydney’s housing stock is projected to rise by 44 per cent whereas the population will rise by only 26 per cent. Sydney will contain 5.2 million people in 2031. Allowing for the annual replacement of some obsolete stock, it is estimated that Sydney will require 882,000 dwellings between 2001 and 2031.

Its worth remembering that unless you pay the right price for a property in the first place, you’re not going to reach the rates of growth being achieved by the rest of the market and sometimes events simply don’t unfold as expected.

And it’s foolish to treat any prediction as an absolute guarantee as to how the future will unfold IMO.

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of richterrichter
    @richter

residex offer a report that gives projections for growth

http://www.residex.com.au

you would have to pay for the report.

you would also need to do your own due diligence.

Josie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.