All Topics / Opinionated! / Real estate with two sets of keys?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of globeglobe
    Participant
    @globe

I just moved into a rental property and I noticed that the place was with 2 agents. I signed the lease for 6 months and happily moved in. Moved in my gear over evenings of weekend and when I was tidying up Sunday I heard voices from inside and when I went and looked over the stair case I noticed someone walking up the sairs with a set of keys in their hands! I wasn’t impressed with whole situation. To cut a long story short who is to blame for this balls up? Both agents say they know nothing of the other listing it simultaneously and believe it to be the owners fault? I’m in the process of writing a letter of complaint. It’s not good way to kick off living in this place.
    Any thoughts out there on who I should talk to or what to do? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Hi globe, maybe of little help, but as a landlord, I just added a deadlock to a unit for our tenant at their request, so perhaps get on with your renting and maybe ask your landlord to change the lock or fit one yourself. You can always take it with you when you go.I am not sure how it benefits you to attempt to apportion blame.
    Anyway good luck, I just want the peaceful life.
    Cheers for now Len

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Sounds like the owner was to blame. It’s no big deal – certainly not worth getting worked up over. Just request that the lock be changed. The reason being you’re not sure how many keys are floating around.

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.