All Topics / General Property / looking PPOR in Melbourne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of firefoxfirefox
    @firefox

I am looking to buy a 3 BDR house in Melbourne to live. My budget is about $300-320K. What suburbs do you recommend? I was looking at Taylors Lakes and Point Cook… Are those areas any good? I don’t want go more then 20 km from GPO.

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

I believe Point Cook is a lot better. Stay out of the western and north western suburbs if you can. Try the east and south east, your budget might be a little stretched though.
    I dont think you’ll have too much trouble finding what you want, as Melbourne is really starting to ease from what I’ve seen and heard.

Good Luck…G7

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I would personally stay out of new housing in the point cook area. If you like the area look for established you will pay less. Try suburbs like Bentleigh and I would not rule out suburbs like fairfield, coburg ect. You may struggle a little on price but some of the northern suburbs are close to the city. If you stick to character houses then you cannot go wrong.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi firefox,

In that price range, you might be able to pick up a decent place in Yarraville or West Footscray. They are both very close to the CBD, have good infrastructure and are rapidly moving upmarket.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of firefoxfirefox
    @firefox

I know east and south east area is much better, but we are talking mid to high 300’s minimum…

Profile photo of shake-the-diseaseshake-the-disease
    @shake-the-disease
    Originally posted by APerry:

Hi firefox,

In that price range, you might be able to pick up a decent place in Yarraville or West Footscray. They are both very close to the CBD, have good infrastructure and are rapidly moving upmarket.

Regards
    Alistair

Agree this this. Also consider Coburg or Preston which are inner northern suburbs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.