All Topics / Help Needed! / first property investing advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of psyduckpsyduck
    @psyduck

im looking to get my first property, earning 44k and still have access to first home buyer grant and defence grant of 13k. saving of <3k. anyone out there have similar experience wish to share or give me advice? buy something < 200k in sydney? i live in sydney. any help would be great. Cause I have no experience when it comes to buying property. regards.[baaa]

msn: [email protected]

Profile photo of mjamja
    Participant
    @mja
    Originally posted by psyduck:

im looking to get my first property, earning 44k and still have access to first home buyer grant and defence grant of 13k. saving of <3k. anyone out there have similar experience wish to share or give me advice? buy something < 200k in sydney? i live in sydney. any help would be great. Cause I have no experience when it comes to buying property. regards.[baaa]

msn: [email protected]

Hey psyduck,

How far away from the center of Sydney would you be willing to invest?

Sydney is a big market. Can’t say I’ve kept an eye on it since moving to Brisbane a year ago though… :(

— M.

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

so you have around $20K? that ain’t enough really when you consider that for a $200K property (an older style townhouse in say Campbelltown) you need a deposit of around $40K, unless you go for 100% financing. have you considered interstate??

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

$20k is more than enough. You can get 100%, 97%, 95% and lower finance. If I was you, I would be speaking with Simon Macks (Mortgage Hunter). He is a moderator on this forum, a mortgage broker and a good bloke. His specialty is defence grants and loans for defence personnel.

Check his website at http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.