All Topics / Help Needed! / rent, sell or downgrade

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of flopflop
    @flop

HI,
    I AM CURRENTLY IN A MORTGAGE $262,000 AND I EARNED 52000 P.A AND MY PARTNER EARN 400 A WEEK. BUT SINCE EVERYTHING BEING TIGHT WE DECIDED THAT WE PALN TO SELL OUR PROPERTIES WE LIVED AND GO BACK TO RENTING. AS WE HAVE CONSIDERED ALL OPTIONS I THINK RENTING SOMEPLACE EALSE WILL FREE UP OUR CASH AND THEN WE COULD BUY MORE INVESTMENT PROPERTIES THAN HAVING A MORTGAGE. wHAT DO YOU THINK? IF WE DECIDED TO SELL HOW MUCH AM I WILLING TO LOSE AS I HAVE NEVER SOLD A PROPERTIES BEFORE. WOULD I WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE MARKET APPRASIAL OF THE PROPERTIES I LIVED IN AND GAIN ACCESS TO THE EQUITY OF THE HOUSE TO PURCHASE AN INVESTMENT PROPERTIES. IS THIS OKAY TO DO IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO SELL.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Flop

If you are selling you will be up for some legal costs, real estate agent’s fees (about 2.5%), loan exit fees etc. And then when you buy you will be up for stamp duty, loan applicaiton fees and legals etc.

Also do some sums on what it would cost/benefit if you rent out your home without selling. You could rent elsewhere, and acess your existing equity in your home to buy more.

If you are selling, then you can’t really use the equity in your house.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Hi Flop

I agree with Terry that you need to do your sums. How much equity have you got to release.

With a fully flexible loan, you should be able to do a partial discharge or security substitution when you sell you place and buy investment property.

I have also sent you a PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.