All Topics / Finance / property/finance advice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of ScottybeScottybe
    @scottybe

Hi all

Im from Adelaide and want to get the best financial advice, in reguards to property investment possible.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction, as many are dodgey, and i dont know the difference.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    cheers

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Best thing to do is ask family or friends for a referral to a good broker. If that fails then ask for folks in here to recommend someone they trust.

If you are happy to use the phone and email then don’t restrict yoursoulf to someone local.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked! 6.85% Rate!!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

If you are after financial advice I wouldn’t suggest using a broker.

Use a qualified and experienced professional.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of ScottybeScottybe
    @scottybe

Thanks guys,
    I want to use a qualified professional, but where do i look.
    As for family recommendations, my family don’t get into the whole property thing so thats out.

What i want is someone totally in tune with property investing. anyone got any recommendations?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Good point Stuart – I guess I am too used to answering mortgage questions.

Scotty, you need to be aware that Financial pLanners tend to be less interested in property than they are in managed funds or super.

I would suggest that you identify someone you know that has been successful in the manner in which you desire to be and approach them for advice. Regardless of their professional standing.

I know you are concerned about integrity. Thats where a referral helps. I also believe that most successful people have high integrity but there are enough exceptions to this to make your wariness well founded.

In Adelaide I would suggest you get in touch with the folks at http://www.duckling.com.au – they are a social group of investors and not after selling you anything.

Having said that – if you plan to buy property then see a boker[biggrin]

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked! 6.85% Rate!!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Stuart,
    There are TWO borkers on this very post who are reputable, both have replied to your question…
    Why not try emailing them for a start ???

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

we all love a good borker [lmao]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

I’ll leave all comments about bokers and borkers but in answer to Scotty’s question – another option to his dilemma is to post a summary of what he wants to achieve here and some supporting information and I am sure he’ll get a lot of constructive and very public comments that may be of use.

I would endorse Simon’s comments about most financial planners have a preference for managed and super funds – which reminds me of an ad I saw in the local paper – Want to retire wealthy? – speak to XXXXXXXXX – a financial planner with 30 years experience [exhappy]

Makes you wonder what happened to his retirement plan.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Scottybe,

I speak to my accountant on property investing matters. I am not so much interested in the technical stuff (I never tend to “get it” anyway :( but he has a good head for trends and he’s an ideas man.

A lot of financial advisers have a product to sell, so their information is not independent or unbiased. Their services are probably “free” because they want to sell you something, and that’s where they make their money.

You could always ask any specific questions you have on here, and many people would be happy to give you their own ideas… see it as “perspectives” rather than “advice” and you won;t lose your shirt :)

Derek said:

“…reminds me of an ad I saw in the local paper – Want to retire wealthy? – speak to XXXXXXXXX – a financial planner with 30 years experience. Makes you wonder what happened to his retirement plan.”

hehe Derek… remember, some people still LIKE their work, and choose to keep doing it. Why do you think all those High Court judges are in their 60’s? Maybe it’s because they just didn’t receive the right financial advice- hehe.

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by kay henry:

remember, some people still LIKE their work, and choose to keep doing it. Why do you think all those High Court judges are in their 60’s?

The money???
    To get away from their wives/husbands???
    The money???
    Don’t know anything other than work???
    The money???
    Like the “power trip” associated with the job???
    Oh and finally…..Build up the RETIREMENT FUND even more, so when they finally do stop work they will still have…
    THE MONEY!!!!
    [biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of alwayscuriousalwayscurious
    Participant
    @alwayscurious

bork bork! …. hehehe

Profile photo of InvestBurgherInvestBurgher
    @investburgher

G’day Scottybe.

There is a Property Investing group in Adelaide that sounds more like your go rather than broker/ accountants etc…

Email Ray at ray for more details at
    [email protected]

Hope this helps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.