All Topics / The Treasure Chest / dolf de roos seminar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of rowdysrowdys
    @rowdys

hi. there is a property seminar coming up by dolf de roos and i was thinking of attending. i would like to know if anyone has attended one of his seminars and if they would recomend it. i have read his book and found it to be a little broad.

Profile photo of birdmanbirdman
    Participant
    @birdman

I went to one about 18 months ago before I began investing, it basically went through the book (which I bought later), and after reading it I realised that it was pretty much word for word, including the jokes.

He is an interesting speaker and the $60 I spent was not wasted.

If you do go, and if it has the same format as the last one, then at the start he will pull out a wad of $100 bills and ask something like “who would pay $50 to get $100” – at this point take $50 up to him and he will give you $100. Pays for the seminar. The other option, give him $10 with an IOU for $40 [:D]

I did not go on and do his mentoring program or longer seminars.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi rowdy and birdman

i think i will go. i really like his books, i don’t expect to get too much new from it but if i get a few new ideas then its been worth it.
    westan

Profile photo of Shirley2Shirley2
    @shirley2

Hi Rowdy
    when, where and how much is the seminar?

Profile photo of peculatorpeculator
    @peculator

Hey,

The format that Birdman highlighted sounds very very similar to a Richmastery seminar I attended. HHMMMM and I thought these were meant to be “creative” people.[:P]
    It will be easy to spot all the other forumites who attend…. the ones descretely pulling $50 from there pockets just waiting to pounce from their chair to stage.
    I think I will go, just to see what he has to offer.
    Definately taking a $50 note with me! [:D]

Profile photo of ImstillhungryImstillhungry
    @imstillhungry

Hi guys,

Dolf is an entertaining presenter. If you want the info, buy the book. But really, for the motivation and networking you’ll get, $60 bucks aint much! Go hard, I reckon.

I’m just wondering if his jokes are any better than when I saw him three years ago…

Regards,
    Hungry[:D]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi there,

i think Dolf is a perfect ‘beginner investor’ speaker.
    I went to see him first before I did Steve’s seminar. I think I bought the book there afterwards. if it wasn’t for Dolf i would not have realised it was even possible for me to buy property.
    I also bought a 10-CD recording of his three day seminar which I also found awesome. Cause i couldn’t justify the price of attending live, at that stage. However I was still hungry for more and still keen to go to a seminar and wondered if there was a local cheaper option – there was. Steve’s seminar. in comparison to the DDR recording Steve’s seminar was up about a zillion notches – in so many ways!! (and Steve shows you how to work out the numbers without trying to sell you his expensive software in the process!!!) I’d say most of Dolf’s audience were people that weren’t investors yet but wanted to be. But Steve’s seminar was full of people who already had several houses. i think if I hadn’t gone to Dolf first i would have been a lot more out of my dept at the APIM (Steve’s.)

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

Mini,

SO you think the De Roos tapes are good value? I have been considering buying them but just haven’t got around to it.
    I was very impressed with his book, “Real Estate Riches”, as he is the first person I’ve heard say “Buying well” is the key. They have known that in the used car market for years, money isnt made with a good sale, its with a good buy.

If it wasnt for Dolfs book I would not have started thinking about property investing, let alone actually doing it.

I am a firm believer of his “100:10:3:1” philosophy. Too many people just want it to happen, they dont want to work for it.

Cheers,

Battz

P.S. If Steves seminar is a “zillion times better than Dolf” I’ve just gotta do it!

Profile photo of callumcallum
    Participant
    @callum

Hi Battz71 ! [:)]

Haven’t been able to get a copy of Dolf de Roos highly recommended book yet but still looking.

Very curious …….. what is his 100:10:3:1 philosphy you spoke of? [?][?][?]

Just addicted to this forum and hungry for knowledge.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

[:)][:)][:)]

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day Callum,

His book “Real Estate Riches” is widely available in most book shops.

One of his philosophies in buying property is to buy right. For example, if you buy a property for $90,000 and its valued at $100,000 you have just grossed $10,000 in equity, even if there is no immediate capital growth!

But to do this you need to do your homework and RESEARCH, which has been highlighted here on the forum many times. Unfortunately too many people want a “FREE RIDE” to get rich quick without putting in the hard work.

He suggests look at 100 properties, put an offer in of 10, finance for 3 and end up with one. Imagine if you looked at 100 properties. How well would you know the market? You would truely become your own valuer, and would buy with such confidence because of the knowledge you have gained.

If only interstate buyers did this in the 90’s when they were flown to the Gold Coast by two tier marketers, no one would have been ripped off.

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Stev has a one day event coming up soon. You could go to that, and buy Dolf set of tapes, and come out having spent less than half of what Dolf 2 day event costs. However his one night event is fun and worth the price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘dolf de roos seminar’ is closed to new replies.